Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Dan Rather Goes On Twitter to Call Out Trump and Neo Nazis

LOS ANGELES - Veteran newsman Dan Rather went on Twitter today to call out Donald Trump, neo-Nazis and what he called the "pliant" media for not taking a stand against Trump's relationship with fringe organizations.

The former CBS Evening News anchor wrote: "When I see neo-Nazis raise their hands in terrifying solute, in public, in our nation’s capital, I shudder in horror. When I see that action mildly rebuked by a boilerplate statement from the President-elect whom these bigots have praised, the anger in me grows. And when I see some in a pliant press turn that mild statement into what they call a denunciation I cannot hold back any longer."

The 85-year-old journalist responded to the widely viewed videos of members of the white supremacist groups spewing racist language and giving the Nazi salute at a gathering in Washington D.C. on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment