Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Zack Snyder Leaves ‘Justice League’ Following Daughter’s Suicide

Zack Snyder leaves DC's "Justice League" (File photo).
LOS ANGELES – Zack Snyder, who directed “Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice,” has left “Justice League” following the suicide of his daughter. uInterview.com is reporting. Joss Whedon is now taking over the project for DC Comics.

Snyder’s daughter Autumn committed suicide on March 12 at age 20. The details of her death have been not been released by the family. “Justice League” had been on a two-week break, with Snyder reportedly eager to return to the film, which stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jason Momoa, and Ezra Miller. “In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was the way through it,” said Snyder in an interview.

“The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all-consuming. And in the last two months, I’ve come to the realization… I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

Autumn, who was Snyde’s daughter from his first marriage to Denise Snyder. She was a student at Sarah Lawrence College, and loved to write, according to her step-mother Deborah, who is Snyder’s current wife.

“I want the movie to be amazing, and I’m a fan, but that all pales pretty quickly in comparison,” Snyder said. “I know the fans are going to be worried about the movie, but there are seven other kids that need me. In the end, it’s just a movie. It’s a great movie. But it’s just a movie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment