Monday, February 5, 2018

Josefin Nilsson Joins Upcoming Film Drama 'Girl Games'


Josefin Nilsson.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Acclaimed actress Josefin Nilsson, known for her striking looks and work in Netflix's series "Corrupt Crimes," and other films and TV series, has joined the cast in the upcoming film “Girl Games,” a tale of passion and betrayal in Hollywood. 

I am extremely grateful to be a part of this amazing production,” she said. 

The film, written and directed by renowned director Sean Patrick Cannon (“American High School”), tells the story of a beloved Hollywood star who faces the worst PR nightmare possible – he is blacklisted. The women in his life now stand in the way of his quest toward redemption, settling down, or leaving an industry he loves – an industry that now hates him. The film is being co-produced by Solomon Productions, which produced the four-time award-winning film “The Code of Cain,” starring Eric Roberts.

“I will be playing the leading role of Diana Moore, the love interest to Nick Shakoor (‘Hawaii Five-O’ ‘State of Affairs’). It is the type of character that I usually go out for, but the role will challenge me to dig deep into all of Diana´s different layers. She might not be the person people think when they first meet her.”

Audiences across the globe will recognize Swedish bombshell Josefin Nilsson for her featured roles in major music videos such as ”Perfect Pint”- Kendrick Lamar, ”Grass ain’t Greener”- Chris Brown and ”Tone it Down”- Gucci Mane, but her skills as an actress extends far beyond simply playing a music video heroine. Nilsson has been in demand for an impressive list of roles in several major film productions. Her most recent ventures include her leading role in the Netflix hit series “Corrupt Crimes” starring Cornell Womack – known for his roles in the Oscar-Nominated Film “Revenge of The Fallen” and Five-Time Award Winning Film “The Happening”, Alliance/A New Era’s film “Voices” which has recently been nominated for “Best Drama” at the CCH Film Festival, as well as her leading role as Cara Fox in the horror film ”Darkest Decision”, Officially Selected at the Northern Frights Festival. 

Before making her way to Hollywood several years ago, Nilsson took to the screen in Sweden where she took on numerous critical roles in high profile productions.

“My mom took me to my first audition in the capital city of Sweden. I think I was 9 years old at the time,” she recalled. “I was actually brought in for a part with my sister because they were looking for two real sisters, but I remember that we were really nervous and really bad”, Nilsson says laughing. “But a year later I had better luck when I got cast in the family romance film ‘Eve & Adam: Four Birthdays & a Fiasco”,
directed by two-time Guldbagge Award winner Catti Edfeldt. That movie led Nilsson to several other projects such as the International Emmy Award nominated series Laura Trenter- Fire! aka Det. Brinner, and the dramatic thriller series "Medicinmannen."
 
Meanwhile, Nilsson is looking forward to “Girl Games” and her other upcoming projects she continues to rise in the entertainment industry. “I never believed in having a B-plan. I always went all in for what I felt my heart wanted. Of course I knew it would be a challenge to go from a farm on the country side of Sweden to the big screen in Hollywood, but I never doubted that it would all be worth it one day.”

Already, the former ballet dancer is set to work on the film comedy “7 Days as a Kingpin”, from writer/director Paul Bunch (“Hit and Run”) starring Award Winning Daveigh Chase (“Big Love”), as well as the upcoming psychological thriller “Christmas Eve”, starring Elizabeth Gillies (“Victorious”), which will go into pre-production next year.

To learn more about Josefin Nilsson, visit www.Josefin-Nilsson.com or follow her on Instagram at @iamjosefin.

No comments:

Post a Comment